Our Blessing From Above

Rylee Dawn Spindler
August 10, 2007
7 lbs. 11 oz. , 20.5 in.
Thursday (August 9th) Brad and I went to bed like it was any other night. By midnight I was up and started to feel some cramping but I wasn't sure if they were contractions or not. I tried to go back to sleep but by 2 AM they were a lot worse so I decided to wake Brad up. Surprisingly we both stayed calm and timed the contractions for the next hour. They were consistently 2 minutes apart so we decided it was time to call the Dr.'s office. Of course he told us to come on in. So we showered (again - it surprises me how calm we were) and packed up the car. By the time we got to the hospital my contractions were a lot worse! They had me skip the Triage and put me right in the Labor and Delivery room. For the next 3 hours I walked around and sat on the birthing ball while my contractions continued to get worse and worse. Rylee was posterior so I was mostly feeling everything in my back...which hurt more than I had imagined. At 6:30 in the morning I was 6 cm. dilated and decided it was time to have the epidural. I just didn't want to deal with that back pain anymore! I continued to dilate how I was suppose to so I didn't need pitosin (which I was happy about) and by 10:30 I was fully dilated and ready to start pushing. I pushed from 11 til 11:57 and then our baby girl was born! It was the most exciting and emotional moment in our lives! We are so thankful for our precious miracle from God - Rylee Dawn.
7 comments:
Congratulations Brooke and Brad! Rylee is sooo beautiful! God sure has his way of pouring out blessings! Your labor sounded a lot like mine, but you were smart to get the epidural when you did. It sure made the delivery more enjoyable, I bet.
Congratulations again-
Jill, Caleb, and Owen Lamz
She is even sweeter in person. Great photos! We love her so much and can't wait to watch her grow to be big as Beau- well almost as big.
Ryan, Abby and Beau William
Congratulations, Brooke & Brad. Wonderful news. Rylee is beautiful & absolutely perfect. Nice to see your whole family looking so happy. I have been checking your website every day hoping for pictures. Now I call tell Uncle Gerry how wonderful everybody looks & how adorable Rylee is. Much love to you. Aunty Jeanne
I would like to exchange links with your site babyspins.blogspot.com
Is this possible?
So Cute!
Miss Rylee Dawn is absolutely adorable in her little Tink costume! So sweet giving kisses to little sissy!
OMG! SO Cute! Wish Rylee could meet my little girls and have a pool party or a sleep over with us! My little girl Missy would love to paint Rylee's toenails :) and my other little girl Tiff wants to show Rylee her Hello Kitty bikini!
Post a Comment