CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Fam Visits Again!

Last week my mom, dad, Ben and Bailey came down to visit us. They got here on Tuesday and stayed through Sunday so it was nice to have more than just a weekend with them. They did some school shopping for the kids, we went to the pool and the water park, the boys golfed, did some fishing, and just hung out together. Than on Friday they went up to Chicago to stay at my brother Brad's house. They took Rylee with them and Brad, Sadie and I joined them on Saturday. They did the bus tour around Chicago and everyone loved it. I have a few pictures to share from there that my dad took with his cell phone. Saturday night we ate pizza at Brad's house and then we all headed back to Indy and got here at 2 in the morning. Brad had got 4 free tickets through work for the Brickyard 400 so we all came back to Indy so the 4 guys could go to the race on Sunday. Both of my parents had to work Monday morning at 9 so they couldn't spend the night. Instead they left here at 7:30 PM, drove through the night and got home at 6 in the morning, and then went to work a few hours later. Pretty crazy but they got to spend more time with us so they thought it was worth it! Here's some pictures from our week together.

Rylee and Uncle Ben at the water park

I joined in on the fun too.

Rylee loves to climb on the play gyms. Here she is climbing with Uncle Ben's help...

and here she is climbing something else with Gramma watching her.

The four of them playing in the pool. Funny story from the pool. I thought the water was kind of cold and decided to just sit on the side instead of jump in. Well my mom called me a chicken. Rylee copied my mom and started saying "chichen, ba ba ba" over and over. It was pretty funny and yes I couldn't let my toddler call me out so I did jump in the water after that.

Uncle Ben pretending to throw Rylee in.

She prefers to jump herself, look at that facial expression.

Another action shot of her jumping to Gramma.

Grampa and Sadie getting some bonding time together.

***Chicago***

Rylee was so excited to ride the choo choo train. Here she is with Gramma, saying and doing the "choo choo".

Riding the double decker bus through Chicago.

Standing on Uncle Brad's lap looking around and loving it all.

They went to the Hershey factory on Michigan Ave. Look at the size of that Hershey bar she is eating. Apparently she had quite the sugar high after all that chocolate.

We met up with them later and got to go on the bus for a little while. It was really neat, we'll have to go back another time for the whole tour.

A picture of our reflection in the "bean" in downtown Chicago. You can see me taking the picture.


The 4 of us in front of the "bean" which is a weird but cool piece of art.

The guys at the race (I told Brad to get a picture of the 4 of them together but as you can see he didn't listen to me, at least he took a picture though)

Thanks for coming down! We loved having you visit. Rylee had a blast with everyone and misses you all! Love ya!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Hey Spindler Family! I have a random question...Brooke, I noticed you carrying Sadie around in the Baby Bjorn - did you guys get a double stroller??? I can't make up my mind if we should or not..know some people that have and love, and others that just carry little one and continue on with the single for toddler - I keep going back and forth...any thoughts from your 2 months of experience? =)

Jaclynn said...

Been thinking about you the last two days. I hope the transition back to work is going smoothly. Love to all! Miss you guys!