CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 6, 2006

I'm pregnant...we're having a baby!

It was about 6:30 Wednesday morning. Brad and I had just woke up and I still hadn't got my period (it was about 5 days late). I had a little bit of spotting (I know you guys don't care to hear about that - sorry) so I wasn't sure if I was just having a light period this month or if I really could be pregnant. I had one pregnancy test left so I decided to give it a try and take it. Well Brad and I couldn't wait the 3 minutes and we looked at it right away. It was a test that had 2 lines and if one was darker than the control line it meant you were pregnant. Well, when we looked it was lighter so were really bummed and just hugged for a little while. Then we took a second look at it and the line had become darker and the lines were now about the same color. We were very excited but weren't exactly sure what that meant and didn't want to jump to any conclusions. So Brad ran to the grocery store and bought another test, this time one that either shows a positive or a negative sign. I took that test and right away it turned positive! We couldn't believe it, after a few months of being disappointed it was now positive! We were unbelievably excited and in shock too!

As soon as the Doctor's office opened that morning I called to tell them our news. I was expecting they would want to see me right away but they said they wait til you are between 6-8 weeks pregnant. I was only about 4.5 weeks along so I still had to wait a few weeks. I scheduled it for December 21st and we couldn't wait for that first appointment!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Congratulations on the good news!

Mike, Marnie, and Kendal (Jaclynn and Jason's friends)