CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 29, 2007

First Day of Daycare

Rylee started daycare on October 22nd. She is going to an in home daycare called Kid's Korner. There are 15 kids there but Jamie has 2 assistants. We are really happy with our decision to have them as her daycare provider. We really like them and they are so great with the kids. But...it is still so hard. I cried Sunday night and Monday morning before bringing her there. I just got so used to being with her all day, everyday, that the idea of her being somewhere else with other people was heartbreaking. It was so much easier leaving her with my mom the week before. Rylee didn't sleep much at all the first few days of daycare. There was so much commotion with all the kids around her that she didn't want to close her eyes and miss any of it. Her second week she did get used to the commotion and started taking some good naps. Also, after being at daycare for only a week, she came down with a cold. Of course that broke my heart again. Her first cold and I knew it was from being around so many other kids at daycare, I felt bad. She still has her cold; runny nose, watery eyes, a little cough, but it is getting better. Brad and I also got it from her. Now I understand why parents of daycare kids seem to be sick more often than others.

The whole daycare/back to work is a big transition for all of us. Brad even had a hard time with it cause he's got the hard job of dropping her off in the morning. I get to pick her up in the afternoon which is definitely the better of the two. In the evenings Brad and I squeeze as much TLC with her as we can before she goes back down to bed. Since work has started I feel like I have been behind in everything else: cleaning the house, the blog, phone calls, etc. We've also been out of town or busy on weekends so I haven't even had that time to catch up. It'll all start to work out though. I am excited for Friday's cause I get to work from home so I get to spend the day with Rylee. That'll be our special day together and it will also give me time to catch up on a few things around the house (and the blog). I was so happy that my boss was ok with that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey...we can't wait to see you guys this weekend at grand valley. I feel like that we haven't seen you in ages and it has just been a couple weeks...can't wait to hold Rylee..she has probably grown so much...see ya soon love to all - mom

Abby said...

Of course it is sad to leave your sweetness. Glad everything is getting a little easier. Hope to see you soon.