CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Rough Day

Rylee had a rough day yesterday. She got her first bump and bruise on her head. I was just about to bring her to daycare and I put her down on my closet floor for a few seconds to put my belt on. She reached out for me and fell forward, head first into the corner of the doorway. I saw it happen and I tried to catch her but was too late. I picked her up right away and she cried in pain for a little while. I felt like crying too...I felt terrible. There was a bump on her head with a straight purple line right down the middle of it, almost instantly. I tried putting ice on it but she wanted nothing to do with that. I know she is going to get lots of bumps and bruises but the first one was hard on mom. I took some pictures of it after daycare that day but it already looked a ton better. In fact you can barely see it in these pictures but I promise it looked bad in the morning. You can kind of see it if you look at the upper left side of her head (right side in the pics). She also got a scratch on her nose that day at daycare, you can actually see that better in the pictures.




Mom and Dad had a rough day the day before this...all Packer fans did. I knew Brett was going to retire someday, I just wasn't ready for that day. I was really surprised. He had so much fun and such a great season that I thought for sure that he would come back. He sure is going to be missed! At least we were there for his last game, that's kind of cool.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hi Brooke,

I remember Ella's first bruise and I know there will be a lot more, but like you said the first one is so hard on mom and dad too. Ella fell off our bed, I turned my head for one second and she reached for me and fell off head first on our hardwood floors :( Needless to say it was Ella's first ER visit, it's hard to forget and you feel so bad.

Lesley said...

That first one is definitely hard, but don't feel too bad because there are only more to come and babies are amazingly tough! Noah has pretty much had a constant bruise and/or lump somewhere on his head for the past couple months :-) It keeps rotating placement...just when one heals, we get a new one!

Anonymous said...

i feel so bad for rylee, anyway im glad farve retired, i hated him, thats becauce im a lion fan. how long was she crying was it long or short call mom or dad's cells and tell them and then tell them to tell me.

Kelly said...

awe :( bumps and bruises are harder on mom than they are on baby! I accidently cut Kayleigh's thumb when I was trimming her nails one day. Nothing too bad, one tiny little drop of blood came out totally. She cried for all of one minute but I cried for 5!! I felt horrible! I guess ya just have to remember there's a lot more to come and she didn't think it was as bad as I did.