CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 9, 2007

34 Weeks

My friend Abby told me we should put pictures and updates up more often now since we are getting closer and I'm growing like crazy. So here's a 34 week update instead of waiting til 36 weeks (pics are from last week). I'll start off by saying I sure feel like I have gotten a lot bigger these last 2 weeks. Check out the big belly!



She's sticking out a lot farther now and some people say I look like I am carrying her lower now too. I am not too sure about the lower thing though cause I still feel her all the time up high (in my right ribs). I had to go up another bra size (circumference) because my darn ribs are always so sore that all my bras hurt. I just bought a new one that's bigger and has no wires so hopefully it helps. Other than my ribs being uncomfortable I still feel pretty good. I am still sleeping through the whole night (trying to get 8 hours of sleep while I can) and don't seem to be to tired during the day either. I am pretty happy about that! We are still working on the nursery - waiting for a few things to come in like our glider and our hutch. Brad painted the chair rail this weekend and plans on putting that up this week. I think that will look really nice. I did so many loads of laundry the past 2 weeks for her and now have her closet and dresser all organized. It was fun folding all the cute tiny clothes and sorting through everything. She sure does have a lot of clothes! We were very lucky to recieve a lot of hand-me downs, clothes from baby showers, and of course all mine and my mom's great finds from garage sales. Here's her closet full of clothes (all organized by size of course).


We also had our 34 week Dr.'s appointment this past week. It was a pretty short one again. Her heartbeat looks good and she is still head down. I measured right on at 34 cm. Our next appointment (36 weeks) is a longer appointment where they do the strep test and an exam. I wasn't too happy leaving this appointment though. This was the second Dr. we've seen in the last 2 weeks and we asked her and the other Dr. if we could travel to Minnesota this weekend for my cousin Aaron's wedding. They both gave us a big NO. Because of the "issues" I have had with this pregnancy they don't consider it a "normal" pregnancy and didn't want me to take any risks by being in a car for 9 hours straight and not knowing where the closest hospital is at all times. I guess I understand but it was very hard for me because I wanted to be at the wedding so bad! All of my cousins, aunts, and uncles were there and it would have been so nice to see everyone. I know Aaron and Marissa and the rest of the fam understood why we couldn't make it but it still didn't help the fact that I missed seeing everyone. My parents talked to me about how as a parent there will be many sacrifices you make for your children and I guess we've learned that already. I did get to talk to Aaron at the reception though and it sounded like him and everyone there were having a great time! I was so glad he called and I want to send out a big CONGRATULATIONS to Aaron and Marissa! We are so happy for them!

So instead of traveling this weekend we just did a lot of relaxing and hanging out with friends. After work, Brad and I relax on our screened in porch together or else I sit in there while he fishes in our pond. Here's some pics of our typical evenings during the week: me lounging and Brad fishing. Everyone tells us to relax and enjoy our down time while it lasts cause it won't last too much longer...so that's exactly what we are doing.

Brad and his big fish from our pond. Now that he knows that there are big ones back there he could be back there all the time. He's already talking about teaching our little girl to fish with him on our pond.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is a lot of clothes! You will have to make sure to put her in the outfits before she outgrows them--You are looking great Brooke!

Anonymous said...

Hey babe...I think also that you have dropped and you are still looking as gorgeous as usual. We all can't wait to see you in a week...and oh ya...I have some more clothes for the baby's closet!!! Grammas are allowed to do that!!!!! love you mom

Alex Grignon said...

Broooooke... you look beautiful you little prego you! How cute is her dang closet with those little clothes... i wish you could see her little socks too! haha... can't wait to see you love! muuuah!
<3 nes