CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 17, 2007

Sleeping in the Crib


We finally made the big step to the crib! Rylee has slept in her crib in her own room the past 2 nights. Up until then she had slept every night in her bassinet in our room. It was nice and convenient to have her in our room cause you didn't have to go far if she needed her pacifier or was fussing a little. But now that she is sleeping better (and is 5 weeks old) we decided it was time to move her to her own room. Plus she's kind of a noisy sleeper...she likes to make grunting noises and move in her sleep. So Brad and I will sleep better with her in her own room.

Rylee has been sleeping great! This whole past week she has went 6 hours between her first and second feedings at night! She usually eats around 9 PM and then doesn't get up to eat again until around 3 AM. It is so nice to have more than just 3 hours between feedings. I was so excited that she was sleeping so long that I thought I would take advantage of it too and sleep that whole time. Well, little did I know that I should have still been waking up around 3 or 4 hours to pump. Saturday morning, after 4 nights in a row of this good sleep, I woke up with mastitis. My right boob was killing, I had a fever, and my body was achy. I pretty much knew what it was right away. My Dr. gave me antibiotics and I felt better by Sunday morning. I was glad that I felt better so fast. Now I am making sure I pump right before I go to bed to make sure I can sleep a little longer. We are so proud of Rylee though for sleeping so good. Let's just hope this isn't a 1 week fluke and that she keeps this up.

3 comments:

Jaclynn said...

Oh no, not mastitis! Didn't you learn from my mistake? Well, I'm glad you got it taken care of right away and are feeling better. :)

Anonymous said...

Rylee looks sooooo cute in the zebra outfit I got her....I want that picture too !!!!! Her eyes are getting bigger and more beautiful by the day....I am still thinking they are going to be brown...sorry Brad...too cute!!! love mom

Abby said...

Oooches- I like that photo on the right.... I may have to steal it for my album :) loved seeing you two yesterday. She is your twin--- looking for her, your both v. beautiful.