CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rylee and I Fly to Marquette

I am so far behind in my posts, sorry I've been such a slacker. About 3 weeks ago Rylee and I flew home for a quick fun filled weekend. It was her first time flying and she did great! She was too nosy to sleep on the flight from Indy to Detroit but she did sleep from Detroit to Indy. I was worried about her ears but the pressure didn't seem to bother her at all. Yeah! We had a lot going on at home that weekend. We had Vanessa's baby shower Saturday afternoon, the NMU spring game Saturday evening, and the NMU football banquet Sunday. We flew in Friday afternoon and left Sunday after the banquet so it was a quick trip, but we got to see a lot of people, and packed a lot in for one weekend.

The mama-to-be


Rylee with her Auntie Nessa (Rylee just woke up from her nap and she looks like she is still sleeping in this pic, but it's cute anyway)

My mom and I threw the shower for Ness at my parents house

She got lots of great gifts from family and friends


Rylee playing with her cousin Grady and friend Brogan

I forgot to bring my camera to the game so I didn't get any pictures at the dome. But we did get some pictures at the banquet on Sunday. It was a great banquet! With Brad being a senior it was especially hard on my family this year. My dad and brother both pretty much had the whole place in tears when they were doing their speeches but also got the crowd to laugh too. My dad and Brad are both very good speakers and did a great job. It was so special that Brad got to play for my dad! It is going to be so different without him out there. We are really going to miss watching him. Congrats Brad on a great career, we are all really proud of you.

Brad with his senior gift that my dad and Coach Wender made for all the seniors

Our fam (Bailey was at a friends house)

Rylee smiling big with her Uncle Brad

Like I said, it was a great weekend and I am really glad that Rylee and I were able to make it home for it all. Unfortunately Rylee did end up getting sick over the weekend. By Sunday night she had a fever and was just not feeling good. I was really worried about the flight back but she just cuddled with me and slept the entire time. Then Monday we took her into the Dr.'s and found out she had another ear infection. That was number 5. I felt so bad for her. She was such a trooper the whole weekend though and was good for the shower, football game, and banquet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! New posts :) Happy Mother's Day! I hope you had a great day yesterday.

We miss you all :)

Marissa