CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A few days ago I found out a childhood friend of mine is in the hospital. She is pregnant and due a few days ahead of me which puts her at around 26.5 weeks. This past weekend she found out she has preeclamplsia and is now on bedrest at the hospital. They are constantly monitoring hers and her baby girl's levels and making sure the numbers stay steady. If the numbers stay steady it gives the baby another day to grow. I've added her blog "Baby Jenson" to my friend list if you would like to follow their progress.
On Monday I also found out that my good friend Jaclynn was in the hospital. She is 34 weeks pregnant and had the flu over the weekend. She was dehydrated and having contractions so they sent her to the hospital on Monday and kept her overnight. She is home now, feeling better, but on bedrest.
It's scary to think that one day things seem to be going fine with your pregnancy and then not so much the next day. I know sometimes it seems like 40 weeks is a long time but it just makes you realize that everyday is so important and not to take it for granted. I ask that you please keep my friends and their baby girl's in your prayers.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Thanks Brooke! And so true....

Marissa said...

Very Scary...my thoughts & prayers are with both of your friends. Take care of yourself :)