CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Brad!

Brad turned the big 30 on Friday the 13th! We thought about having a big party but his parents came down for the weekend so we decided not to have a 30th bash. We had not seen them since Rylee's birthday so we thought it would be nice to spend the whole weekend with them. Brad took the day off of work on Friday and him and his dad went to the Big 10 tournament games. His dad hadn't been to a college basketball game since the 60's so I think he really enjoyed himself. Friday night we went out to dinner and Brad's brother Bryan and his girlfriend Katie also joined us. It was great to have everyone together for his birthday. Then we came back to the house and had ice cream cake. I made Brad his favorite pistachio ice cream dessert. It was pretty yummy. For his birthday present I got him a ticket for the Final Four in Detroit. He's going with our friend Jason, and Rylee and I will hang out with Jac, Maddy, and baby Kreider. We are really looking forward to that weekend! My mom and dad also got him a pretty cool gift - 30 things (glasses, pitcher, shaker, ice bucket, etc.) for his new bar in the basement. I am sure we'll get a lot of use out of that gift. Saturday morning Brad and his dad started the fireplace and then we got some shopping done for the basement, while Spindler's babysat Rylee. It was a lot easier shopping at Menards without chasing a little one. Spindler's left really early Sunday morning so we just had a relaxing day around the house. It was beautiful out so Rylee and I were outside a lot while Brad finished up the stone fireplace (which looks awesome). Sunday night we had a birthday dinner with some of our neighbors and Mindi made a delicious chocolate cake cheesecake for him. So overall I think Brad enjoyed his birthday weekend. It's hard to believe he is 30...he's getting old (although I guess I am not that far behind him). Time sure does fly! I remember meeting him when I was 17 and he was 18. I had a little crush on him which little did I know would turn into a lot more than a crush. 12 years later and we've been married for 5.5 years, expecting our second daughter, and wouldn't have it in any other way. Happy Birthday Brad, we love you!






Look at that huge cheesy grin for her daddy on his birthday.
Oh, and thanks to Bryan for taking all of these pictures. I had lost my camera for a week and a half (I found it today in the garage of all places) so I couldn't take any pictures this weekend but luckily Uncle Bryan pulled through for us.

3 comments:

Journey to our baby said...

Happy Birthday Brad! Miss you guys!!

Marissa said...

Happy Birthday Brad! Looks like you had a great weekend :)

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Happy "BIG 3 - 0," Brad! Glad you had such a great birthday weekend with your family! All our best wishes for a great year ahead!
Uncle Mike, Auntie Susie, Tara, and Tanner