CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Basement Update

Brad has been working hard on our basement. He did all of the framing and electrical work himself. Then he hired a crew to come in and install the drywall. Here's a few pics from before the drywall.

He built a built-in entertainment center. The fireplace is on the right and that is going to be all stone.

Working on the playroom for the girls.

The handy-man

Last weekend my parents came down. They got here Friday morning and stayed til Tuesday morning. It was so GREAT to see them again. We missed them a lot! Rylee was so excited to play with Gramma and Grampa. It wasn't all play though that is for sure. They worked so hard on our basement and got so much done! My mom and dad painted the entire basement (2 coats). Brad was very happy to have that done cause he doesn't like to paint and with me being pregnant I wasn't a lot of help either. My dad and Brad also painted and installed the wainscoting in the playroom, painted all of the trim and baseboards, installed most of the trim and baseboards, installed all of the doors, finished the trim on the entertainment center, tiled the bar and bathroom floors, and installed our butler's pantry cabinets. By the time they left it looked like a completely different basement. We are so thankful for their help! Brad said the amount of work they got done in those 4 days saved him about 5 weekends of working alone. Thanks mom and dad!

My mom painting the playroom

The girls playroom all painted with wainscoting and trim up. (it's all the same color tan but this picture with the flash made it look different)

My dad working on trimming out the entertainment center.

Hard at work. My mom did all the ceilings and trim in the entire basement and they both rolled.

Brad and our friend Jason installing the tile in the bathroom and bar area.

My dad finishing up the cabinets.

We love the way the cabinets and tile look! The cabinets are cherry with a chocolate stain. The accent wall you see is going to be a picture wall and it is a rustic orange color. We are very happy with the way the 2 paint colors look. Sometimes paint is hard to pick out and once its up it looks totally different than what you thought, not the case this time though.

I was bad with picture taking and didn't get any pictures of Rylee with Gramma and Grampa. She sure did have fun with them and I wish I would have gotten some of them playing with her. She loves to tackle Grampa and rough house with him on the floor. When he is sitting on the floor he runs and jumps on him and says "tattle" (tackle). She has never said that word before this weekend but she says it a lot now. It's really cute. My mom, Rylee, and I also got a lot of shopping done (imagine that). We always have so much fun browsing the mall, especially the home stores, together. So thanks again mom and dad for coming down to visit. I know the long trip, especially in terrible weather like you had, is not fun but we really appreciate it. I am not sure our basement would have a chance of being done before this baby comes without all of your help!

2 comments:

Tim said...

He played college football, but he can't put a few weekends into his basement? Northern QB's are tougher.

Anonymous said...

I wish I were that far with our basement. Still getting the mud work done on the drywall. Too much to do. Looks great guys, good job Brad!!!

Aaron