CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

28 Weeks

I am officially in my 3rd trimester now. It's crazy how the time is flying by! I just had my 28 week appointment yesterday. It was the long one where I had to drink the glucola and test for diabetes. The drink actually wasn't that bad, just rather sweet by the end of it. They took my blood and should have the results in the next few days. I sure hope I pass cause I don't want to have to go back for another appointment which is more blood tests and a few hours longer. The Dr. said my measurements and weight are still right on so Baby Spins is growing how she should be which is nice to hear. She sure has grown a lot in the last few weeks. I feel so much bigger now than I was at 24 weeks. I really notice how much bigger I am when I am laying down and try to sit up or when I am standing up and go to bend over, it's just not quite the same as it was before. I am still feeling really good and I am enjoying this stage of watching my belly grow and feeling her move around all the time. Since 24 weeks she sure has been active! Brad and I love to watch and feel her move around. About a week ago she started responding to Brad when he would push on her. She actually pushed (or kicked) back which we both thought was really cool. She's only done that a few times but it was a really neat feeling for me to feel Brad and her pushing at each other.

We are starting to work on the nursery a little more too. We've got the crib and the changing table up there now. We really love the furniture. It is espresso colored and it looks great with the light pink walls. Here's some pictures of Brad working on the crib.


We also took my 28 week pics yesterday. As you can see I am no longer wearing the same shirt that I had on in the past pictures. For one, it is way to small on me now, and two, it is 85 degrees out so it is time for the tank tops.

Where I'll be parked most of the summer!

Oh, and one more thing that took place over the last few weeks. We have decided on a name for our little girl! We have been calling her by name to get used to it and see what we think...and we both think it sounds pretty darn good. But you'll all have to wait til she's born cause we aren't telling anyone (sorry, not even you mom).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

come on brooke tell me i will keep it a secret

Anonymous said...

You already picked a name? Darn it. I was going to share some of the top names coming out of California. Do you like any of these?
1. Juanita
2. Rosita
3. Luisa
4. Guadalupe
Oh, wait a minute. Those are some of the top illigal immigrant names coming out of California. How about these? I hear these often out here ...
1. Summer
2. Cali (for California)
3. Catalina (for Catalina Island off the coast)
4. Skye
We still have a lot of Caitlyns, Jordans, Paiges, Jaydens and those types out here like most area probably have. I like Bernvik or Vicbern if you want to combine your parent's names ... she'd need a cuter nickname though to get her through life. Ha! Best wishes! It's getting closer!!!

Your cousin, Becky

Anonymous said...

Hi, Brooke & Brad,
I sure do enjoy your website & am always happy to read any news that you are willing to share. I am so glad everybody is feeling so well.

Are you going to post any pictures of your recent shower? Or news of your visit up home?

Take good care. Aunty Jeanne