CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

My Parents in Indy!

My parents flew in on Thursday and stayed through Tuesday. It was so wonderful to have them down here!!! It was their first time down here without any kids with them. It was great for the four of us to be able to spend some time together. Although 99% of the time it was working. My dad and Brad worked on building a screened in porch for us for 4 days straight, from the morning til dark. They worked so hard and got so much done! The weather was great for them - 70's all weekend. My mom also worked really hard. She painted our dining room for us and our nursery! Both rooms look so nice. My mom and I also found time to get lots of shopping in...surprise, surprise. We are great shopping partners and we found a lot of good deals. Brad and I really appreciate all of their help and we had a great time with them. It was hard for me to see them leave. I wish they could've stayed another week and relaxed with us on our new screened in porch! Brad and I love it and will spend many, many hours out there. Here's some pictures of them working hard.

Here they are on their last night, still working hard, using every last minute of daylight to finish up what they could.

And then here they are with a look of accomplishment after they were finished. Good job guys!

My mom, smiling big, after painting 2 coats of pink in the nursery.

And she did a great job in the dining room too!

Looks like we hired a professional!

Unfortunately, my parents didn't get to stick around and enjoy the finished porch. We sure do love it! It looks so nice from across the pond. So many people in our neighborhood have come up to us and made comments on how nice it is. And they couldn't believe how fast the guys built it!


They never got to see it with the furniture in it, so here's some pictures for everyone to see.

Here's a beautiful sunset picture we took from our porch. We're looking forward to watching many more pretty sunsets from our porch!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm extremely impressed with the deck and screened porch; it turned out great! Looks just like the plan Brad drew up last year...was it all the "planning" that helped you get it done so quick or just alot of hard work? I'm guessing hard work...

Looking forward to the next time we can all get together! Until then, take care!

Josh & Annie

Abby said...

You look so cute and so does your house.

Anonymous said...

BRooKE and BRAD!

Anonymous said...

ooooopppps... didn't mean to publish that!

:::::ANYWAYS... haha, your house is beautiful, Mom and Dad loved helping you guys out for a few days and everything turned out looking great!

BUT now can we just pick up the entire property and fly it our way so we can be closer? :(
** we miss you guys and CAN NOT wait until we see you... YAY, not long! I LOVE you, know that i am always thinking of you... and then i smile xoxo

ugh, this won't let me publish but it JUST did. weird... sooo I AM ANNOYMOUS i guess!

Anonymous said...

k just kidding, it worked... WOW, sorry guys, i'll get it though!