CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Packer Game

Well, it's been about a week and a half since the game and I finally stopped bumming (kind of)and am writing this post. We went to Green Bay for the NFC Championship game vs. the Giants. It was a great weekend...all but the outcome of the game. Saturday morning we met the Kreiders south of Chicago and they hopped in our car and we all headed to Green Bay. My mom, Brad, Vanessa, and Briana (Brad's girlfriend) all met us there. Vanessa and Briana surprised us and came...I was so excited that they were able to make it! We all stayed at my Uncle Gary's house which is just a few blocks away from Lambeau. Thanks again Uncle Gary for letting us all crash at your house. Saturday night our friends Josh Pudelko and Stacey and Colin Pomeroy also came over. It was great to see them as well! Sunday, we had planned on tailgating but since it wasn't even 0 degrees outside, we decided to hang out at my Uncles house. My Uncle Lance, Auntie Diane, cousins Tyler, Derek, and Amy, and some of their friends all came over too. We watched the first half of the first game and then started the process of getting all bundled up for the big game.

Jac, Maddy, Rylee, and Me before the game

Auntie Ness, Rylee and I all in our Packer jerseys

Vanessa and my cousin Derek drove us to the game. Here's Ness and I in the car on the way. Notice how I couldn't put on all my layers til I got out. Vanessa took a few pics for us before they went back to my Uncles house to watch the game.
This game was the second coldest game in Packer history, only the Ice Bowl was colder. Fortunately, the four of us were prepared for the cold and somehow we all managed to stay warm, even through overtime. You may not believe that given the game time temp was -2 and with the wind chill it was -24 degrees F. We all had on so many layers! I had on 2 shirts, a wool sweater, a down jacket, a ski jacket and then the sideline jacket over all of that. My dad hooked us all up with NMU sideline jackets (I had #4) that were so warm. Thanks Dad! Thanks for your boots and wool socks too! We also all had about 4 layers of pants on and then had warmers for in our boots and mittens. I felt like I could barely move but it was well worth it!
The 4 of us in our jackets, ready to head into the game

Brad and I...not sure why he doesn't have his gloves on in this picture, brrr.

Brett...my main man (besides Brad of course)

Brett and some other players running out before the game. We had great seats, we were in the endzone by the tunnel. Thanks again Uncle Lowell for getting us the tickets!

All fired up before the game!

The National anthem and the fly over gave me the chills

The opening kickoff. That's the last picture I took from the game. Once it started I never took my mittens off to take pictures, and it was hard to dig for my camera.

Like I mentioned before, the outcome of the game was quite a bummer. We still had a great time and it was an experience we will never forget. I am so glad we were able to go to the game. It would have been awesome if we would've been playing in the SuperBowl this weekend but sometimes games just don't go how you want them too.
My mom, Vanessa, and Briana watched Rylee and Maddy for us during the game. Thanks girls. It looks like they had a great time too.
Watching a movie together

Then Rylee decided she would rather watch the Packer game.

They even gave the girls a bath together. This was Rylee's first bath in the big bathtub and with a friend. My mom said she didn't want to get out, she was having so much fun splashing around. She cried when they finally took them out.

Maddy washing Rylee's hair (the little there is)

Sitting up like a big girl

All clean and cuddling with Gramma

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The picture of you, Vanessa, and Rylee in your jerseys is SO cute!! Rylee has such a big smile!! It was so nice to see you guys again...stay tuned for news on our little one...could be VERY soon =)