CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

20 Weeks

It's hard to believe but I am 20 weeks along today. I feel like its gone by a lot quicker this time. I know its because Rylee keeps us so entertained that the days just fly by. Especially this past month because of the holidays. I am feeling really good. My hormones sometimes get to me and I can get moody but other than that I don't feel that different. I am feeling the baby a lot, which I love. I started feeling movements at around 17 weeks but it was mostly at night and in the morning when I was laying in bed. This past week I started feeling the baby through out the day. I like feeling the little kicks every once in awhile. I don't really remember these little kicks as much as I remember the big kicks later on with Rylee. My belly is definitely growing! I know I have a lot more growing to do though. I do have to say that once again I love the bella band. I can still wear a lot of my regular pants with the help of that thing.

Here's a 20 week belly shot.


I took this tonight and I am in my sweats and slippers but that is pretty normal for me. The first thing I do when I get home from work is put the comfy clothes on. I am not sure if you can see in this picture but my belly button has already popped out, and its been popped out for a few weeks now. That's a lot earlier than it did with Rylee. I didn't realize this until tonight but I went back and looked at my 20 weeks pictures from Rylee and I am noticeably bigger this time than I was then. I showed Brad the difference and he so kindly reminded me its because I had abs the first time. Real nice hey.

Of course I had to get a picture with my other Babe too.

I also realized that I haven't even put up the ultrasound pictures yet from our first ultrasound. It was on 11-5 which was around 11 weeks. We were surprised at how much we got to see at this ultrasound compared to our first ultrasound with Rylee (which was at 9 weeks). Here's a few pics of our little one from about 2 months ago.

Baby Spins #2 waving "hi"

Skinny little legs

Face, arm, and hand


I have had 2 other appointments since then. They were just quick appointments but I enjoyed hearing the heartbeat each time. The first time it was 156 and then at my last appointment on 12-29 it was 152. So the heartbeat is nice and strong and kind of on the higher side. Rylee's was always on the higher side too. Is that a sign that this is another little girl? We'll soon find out. Our next appointment is on January 15th and we'll have another ultrasound. I am excited to see the little baby moving all around again and pray that the baby looks healthy. And yes, we will also find out if this little one is a girl or a boy. I am so excited! I put up a poll a few days ago and can't believe how many people have voted already. Sister had an overwhelming lead at the beginning and has always had the lead but brother did pick up and its now a pretty close race. Brad and I both kind of think it is a girl. We're kind of basing it off of 2 things that don't have a lot of validity but the heartbeat has been very similar to Rylee's the whole time (and they say high is girl and low is boy) and my pregnancy has been very similar to how I felt with Rylee. But I was wrong the first time (Brad was right) and we all have 50/50 chance of guessing. Only 1 more week and we'll know! Yeah! We don't have a preference one way or another, we just pray for a healthy baby.

5 comments:

Marissa said...

Glad to see you are doing well :) I love the bella band too - without it I think I'd only be in maternity clothes! Can't wait to hear if you are having a boy or girl in the upcoming week :)

Stephanie said...

Good luck with your ultrasound! Mine is also on the 15th! We won't be finding out the gender unless its an accident. You're belly looks smaller then my belly! Cute:)

Stacey said...

Real nice Brad! For that, Brooke deserves at least a massage =) Happy ultrasound =)

Lindsay said...

Hurray for the bellaband and sweatpants!

Abby said...

You look cute- it makes me feel enormous...