CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Snow Day!

Yesterday morning we had a little dusting of snow on the grass and this morning we woke up to almost a foot of snow. It was great, it reminded me of home. Brad and I had our first "snow day" and we got to stay home with Rylee. I was really excited to take Rylee outside and play in it. I think she was kind of excited to go out there too. Then we get out there, Brad puts her down, she tries to take a step in the deep snow and faceplants. She did not like the snow all over her face! I know this sounds mean but I wish I would have had my camera out to take a picture of her laying face first in the snow or when she got up and had it all over her. It was still in my pocket and I wasn't ready for it. So she didn't start out loving it but then I think she kind of got used to it. Brad pulled Rylee and I around in the sled and she liked that. We were outside playing for about 45 minutes and then I thought her hands were getting cold so we went inside. Then she stood by the window and watched the kids play and Brad shovel. I love snow days!

This was right after we got done wiping her off from her faceplant in the snow. She wasn't too happy about that.

Daddy and Rylee playing in the snow.

Checking out the snow all over her mittens.

All bundled up and can barely move.

This one was my favorite.

Going for a walk with dad.

It was easier for her to walk in the street where the snow was already plowed.

Rosy cheeks. It sure was nice to get some fresh air today.

Daddy pulled us all around the cul-de-sac in the sled and she loved it.

She didn't last as long on her own, she liked it better being on mom's lap.

"Hi dad"

"Bye, bye"

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Cute Pics!! Snow Days are the best :)

Anonymous said...

If you love snow days so much move to Marquette, we get 257 of those suckers a year! I'll even give you one of my nine shovels. You'll only need one rake, that's the good news.love the indoor pics.

Journey to our baby said...

Snow days...I want a job like that!! We have had COLD days here, tomorrow it is going to be above 25F for the first time all month, I swear our average has been -5F! Cute pics :)