CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

39 Weeks!!!

Today is the day that I had picked, way back at the beginning of this pregnancy, for her to be born...mmm, I don't think that'll be happening. We had our 39 Week appointment today and my Dr. did an internal exam. I'm pretty much at the same place as I was at our 36 Week appointment. I am still 50% effaced but she did say this time I am dilated at 1/2 cm instead of nothing (I think she was just being nice). She also said she is around the -2 position (2 cm above what they call station 0). I still have not felt any Braxton Hicks either. So again, the Dr. reminded me that they'll give me about a week after the due date before they induce me. My Dr. also asked me about her movement. Yesterday and today I didn't think she had been quite as active as she usually is. So my Dr. put me on the fetal monitor for 15 minutes to record her heartbeat, movement, and the uterine activity. Her heartbeat was great and correlated with her movement. She moved around in there just like the Dr. wanted. But to my surprise, the Dr. also told me that I was having contractions. I didn't feel them but she showed me the recordings for the uterine activity and sure enough every once in awhile there was a spike which were contractions. I asked if they were Braxton Hicks and she said no that those would not show up how these did. So, she said to just let them know when I start feeling the contractions and they hurt. But we are still in the same boat...it could be any day or we may have to wait another 2 weeks until they induce me...you just never know! Maybe a whole week of it being around 100 degrees here will be enough to put me in labor. It sure is hot!

4 comments:

Jaclynn said...

Brooke-
Hang in there! I know how bad you want to have this baby so that your dad and brother can come down to be with you, so I pray that she makes her arrival soon. Meanwhile, enjoy every minute while you can of experiencing the special bond that only you and your daughter have right now. Cherish every movement she makes, because once she's born you will never have those moments back. We are so excited to meet this special person and have her in our lives. We love her already! I wish you the best with your labor and delivery...I know you'll do great and Brad will be an awesome coach. We love you guys!

:) The Kreiders

Abby said...

Don't get discouraged- you really only have days maybe hours left. Don't worry about her not moving either- there just isn't enough room... I remember thinking that with Beau. We can't wait to see her. Don't worry about the labor part- get hooked up to the meds and it will be smooth sailing... Just a regular day- except for the whole new daughter thing :)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there babe...it will be very soon now. Let us know with the first pain okay....and we are taking off from here then...day or nite. We love you and are thinking of you constantly...as you can tell with all the phone calls to you. SOON we will know the name of our grandbaby girl. I think next time let us know the names you chose , and not the sex of it okay....driving me crazy!!!! love you.....mom

Anonymous said...

Jeez Brooke..... I ask one little favor of you - Have a baby girl on Aug 8 at 10:30 a.m. - and you let me down....... Kind of selfish of you to hold that baby inside just because you don't want me to name her, don't you think?!?! It wasn't too much to ask and with a little bit of effort on your part, you could have done it. You could have gone mountain climbing or something to move things along, but noooooo, you just smiled and crossed your legs.......

Seriously - I know you are watching the clock and are very anxious. These will be wonderful memories and good stories to tell your precious child. I can't wait to see her! The best is yet to come!!!

Love ya! Bina