CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Last Football Game =(

Last weekend was Northern's last game of the season and it was down here against University of Indianapolis. So essentially, it was a home game for Brad and I, and we had a house full of people...which I love! Thursday night my mom, Vanessa, Quincy, Brad, Ben and his girlfriend Deedra all got here. Rylee was so excited to see everyone but especially Gramma and Quincy. She saw Gramma in the window when they pulled in our driveway and she started clapping and got all excited. Then she ran to her when she walked in the door, it was cute. Then she was excited to see Quincy and kept rubbing his head and getting right in his face. She looks at him all the time on the blog and gives him kisses, she's a big fan of her cousin. Friday afternoon, my Auntie Diane, Uncle Lance, cousins Zach and Meg, and their son Grady all flew in. Grady is only a month younger than Rylee and they had a great time playing together. They were running around chasing each other and played so good together. Unfortunately I was not very good with my camera this weekend so I really didn't get any pictures even though there were a lot of good photo ops. I did get some of them in the tub together and I also stole one from my sisters blog of the 3 kids.

Playing in their PJ's

3 kids in the tub (and a naked baby doll)...of course I couldn't get one where all 3 were actually looking.


The game was Saturday and it was absolutely freezing. Two days before the game it was in the 70's and then it dropped 30 or so degrees. Rylee was there for the first half and refused to wear mittens so I was worried about her hands freezing. She was really good but our neighbors, Ryan and Mindi, took her home at half time and let her nap at their house, which worked out good. The game unfortunately was not too pretty either. It was a rough season this year but I am still very proud of my dad and know he'll do his best to turn it around. It was also Alex's last game so it was sad to see him play for the last time. We'll miss watching him. Since it was the last game my dad got to stay with us and go back with the fam on Sunday. Brad had smoked (in his smoker) some pork over the weekend and we all went home after the game and had an awesome dinner and just enjoyed being with everyone. We had 12 people (15 including us) sleep at our house, lots of air mattresses everywhere!

Alex and Vanessa...it was great watching Alex play the last few years, we'll miss him out there.

We made it to 6 of the 10 games this year. It was a lot of traveling but it was so worth it. I love seeing my family so much in the fall and I love being there for my dad, win or lose. I always hate when the season is over cause we don't see them nearly as much in the winter. Of course I balled Sunday when everyone left. I am not good at byes. Brad and Rylee are actually up there right now. Brad flew home to go to deer camp with all the guys in my fam and since Rylee still flies free, Gramma wanted her to fly home too. I had a hard time with it. I don't like being alone and I wanted to go so bad! Unfortunately I had to work and the ticket was $500 so I couldn't go. I've been trying to keep myself busy but I sure do miss everyone, especially my little babe! I've talked to her on the phone everyday and she is having a blast at Gramma's and getting spoiled...surprise, surprise. Today they are going to the Children's Museum which I am sure she will love. I can't wait to see her tomorrow and give her lots of kisses (and Brad too).

I thought I would throw this pic in too. The 4 games that we missed we were able to watch on our big screen TV. I tend to yell at the TV during the games and Rylee was my little partner. She would stand in front of the TV holding her football and yell just like her mom...that's my girl!

No comments: