CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 28, 2008

Rylee is going to be a...

BIG SISTER!


Yep, that's right, Rylee is going to be a big sister! I am pregnant and due on May 27th. We couldn't be happier about our growing family! We found out September 25th while Rylee was up at Gramma and Grampa's house. We were a little shocked but of course excited. Rylee will only be about 21-22 months old so we are going to have our hands full but it will be fun for them being so close in age.

We made this shirt for Rylee and told my family on a football trip when I was around 7-8 weeks. We were in the hotel room and changing Rylee into her pajama's. Instead I put this shirt on her and told her to go show Gramma. She walked over to Gramma and my mom kind of did a double take but then she got it and of course screamed. My whole family, besides Brad and Bailey, were there and there were lots of shrieks and hugs. Rylee was getting lots of hugs and kisses but really had no clue what we were celebrating. We also saw the Kreider's that weekend and got to tell them too. Jaclynn is pregnant too and was so excited when we told her. Brad was teasing her that she looked like she was on the Toyota commercial because she jumped up, arms went up and kicked. Our kids will only be 2 months apart which will be so much fun.

We called Brad's family and my grandma's during the next few weeks and told a few close friends down here. We were kind of waiting for the first doctors appointment before we started telling everyone. I waited til 13 weeks to tell my boss and coworkers. Also, I apologize cause I know we did not get a chance to call everyone so some of you may be reading this and just finding out...surprise!

Our doctors appointment was on November 5th. Everything on the ultrasound looked good and it was so wonderful to hear our baby's heartbeat and to see the little one moving all around. We were actually really surprised at how good we could see the baby. I had Rylee's first ultrasound around 8.5 weeks and this one was at 11 weeks. It's amazing how much of a difference 2.5 weeks made. We were expecting to just see a little peanut, basically 2 blobs for the head and body, but we saw so much more this time. We could see the arms and legs kicking around, the fingers and toes, and more of the head structure. We really didn't see that for Rylee until our 20 week ultrasound. So that was exciting and of course made me get all teary eyed. The heartbeat was strong at 162. I went back and looked and Rylee's was 180 the first time we heard it. Both are on the higher end, we'll see if that means anything as far as the sex, which by the way we will be finding out again =)

I am 14 weeks now and I feel pretty good. I am a little more tired than usual and probably a little more emotional than usual too. Weeks 7-9 were my roughest weeks. I pretty much felt nauseous everyday, especially when I got hungry. I had to make sure that I always had a little snack around. That's how I was for Rylee too. The last few weeks I haven't felt nauseous, and am very thankful that it only lasted a few weeks. I feel really bad for the girls that feel sick throughout the first trimester and even into their second. Ughh.

I am definitely showing earlier than I did with Rylee. In fact at 8 weeks I already had a little bump but nobody could notice but me. I am still in my regular clothes but I am not sure for how much longer. I don't know what to expect now that my ab muscles and skin have already been incredibly stretched (and not that long ago either).

I am posting this a little later than what I wanted to but I was waiting to get our ultrasound pictures scanned in so I could include those. Unfortunately something is wrong with our scanner so I am not sure when I will get those up...hopefully soon.

My cousin Aaron and his wife Marissa are also expecting (with their first) and are due on the exact same date. Its fun that we'll be going through the same stages together and our little ones will be so close in age. I've added a link to their blog, "Baby Anderson" in my Family and Friend list so you can check theirs out too.

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! We all have a lot to be thankful for!

She's going to be such a good big sister!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I'm so happy for you and your family.

Brianna Wood said...

CONGRATS GUYS!!! How exciting for the "Anderson" family to be growing so quickly!! 3 new babies in three years! WOW! How fun :)

Stephanie said...

Congrats Brooke! We are only a week or so apart. Hope you continue to feel well.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE her big sis shirt!!! i wish i could have been there the 1st time she wore it, instead of you just telling me on the phone!

Marissa said...

Yeah! I am sooo excited to see the news on the blog. I've been waiting!! Love the shirt for Rylee! Too cute!

I'm so excited to see you at Christmas...we'll definitely have to get pics & compare our "bumps" together! Ha ha!

Love you guys!

Stacey said...

Yeah, congratulations!! Very excited for you guys! Hope we have a chance to see you all sometime over the holidays.

Journey to our baby said...

Congrats! I had this feeling recently that you would have this announcement!

Anonymous said...

Yay, all the excitment everywhere!! Done with the first trimester! Closer every day :) Quincy can't wait to meet his LITTLE cuz and told me he thinks his Big Cuz is adorable and looking so old! :)

Love you guys so much!!
Miss you each and every day!

Is it Christmas yet??

Lindsay said...

Hi Brooke,
My mom told me you were pregnant again so I came to check out your blog. Congratulations! I'm preggers too - due 5 days before you. Looks like you know lots of other pregnant ladies right now. Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Brooke and family! That is such exciting news! What a blessing to have your beautiful family continue to grow! The Andersons will soon have three beautiful grandchildren! I hope everything continues to go well and I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations...again! We are all so excited for you guys! SOOO much fun and excitement! Looking forward to seeing all of you for Christmas - what fun with the little ones! Take real good care of yourselves and each other! LOVE - Auntie Susie and "the gang!"

Kristine said...

Congratulations! We're so happy for you guys!
Love,
Kristine, Nick, and Emerson Mayra