CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

21 Months




Our little girl is 21 months old already. Not a whole lot has changed since 18 months, she still has a lot of the same likes and dislikes. It seems like 18-20 months was a hard stage. There was a lot of wining and fits before but this past month has been so much better. She is communicating with us better now so I think that helps and causes less wining and fits. She is a happy little girl who loves to play with her babies, play outside, read books, color, is obsessed with Elmo, and loves to watch the puppies outside and the duckies in our pond. She says "baby", "Elmo" (actually it's Melmo), "puppy"and "duckie" ALL the time! At night after we read her books to her, we usually rock with her a little bit and she will tell us a story and those words and mama and daddy are always in her stories. She also get's her "me, my, mine, yours" mixed up. Instead of mine she makes "me" plural like we do for "yours" and says "mys" when she is talking about something that is hers. She will also say "Mylee" when you ask her a question that could be answered with "me" or "Rylee". For example we always ask her who our pretty little girl is and she will point at herself and say "Mylee". It's pretty cute.

Her hair has grown a lot in the last few months. It is so blonde and curly. Around 19 months she started letting me do her hair. At first it was just barrettes but now she lets me do pony tails and pig tails. Pigtails are probably my favorite. Here's a few pictures of some of her new "hair do's."

This was the first time she let me play with her hair and I put it all up in a high pony, she looked so much older to us.
When I pick her up from daycare she sometimes has some fun up-do's. This was one of Ms. Jaime's do's. This picture really cracked me up too cause I told her to smile and she gave me the fakest, cheesiest smile.
Another view of the same "do". Notice she is looking at Quincy's blog on our computer. She loves looking at all the pictures on the blogs.

This one was quite a while ago but I had to include it because it was Brad's first time ever doing her hair. I was gone that morning and I came back and he was so proud that he did her hair with a barrette that he even had taken a picture. I wish he would have taken her blankie out of her mouth but it was still cute and he was a very proud daddy.

For Easter we got Rylee a battery powered 4 wheeler. She loves to cruise around on it. To our surprise she is a pretty good little driver. When she first got on it to ride she pretty much knew how to steer already. Her only problem is she looks down a lot while she is driving. These movie clips are from about a month ago but I thought I would show you her driving skills.

Here she is cruising down the sidewalk. We will walk with her while she drives and she goes all the way down the street with it.

She rides for a little while on this clip but then is very easily distracted by a birdie.

4 comments:

Abby said...

sweet big girl! i love that shirt in the first few pics and her hair is so cute!

Jaclynn said...

Rylee is looking so grown up...I think she's ready to be a big sister! I think it's so sweet that she says "MYLEE" especially since I love both her and my Mylee. Can't wait to see you guys soon and that new little one. Since you are through the week now...let's get it going already. Friday is a great day to have a baby! :)

Journey to our baby said...

Auwww, Rylee is so cute. Great job on the hair-do Brad :) She really is starting to look grown up, but is still such a cutie. Good luck and I hope everything goes well with baby sister, I predict it happening on Wednesday! PS - I sent our blog link to Brad's account, let me know if you want me to send it to a different one at ryan_suzy@sbcglobal.net

Suzy

auntie bailey said...

she is just the cutest! i miss you guys so much! give Rylee some kisses for me! : )