CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

38 Weeks and Nesting

Well I am at 38 weeks today and a lot of people didn't think I would make it this far. I am feeling fine, no contractions or any signs of activity yet. I am still working and just trying to go about the day as usual. It cooled down a little here this week and I was glad because last weekend it was humid and my ankles swelled big time. It seriously looked like I had elephant trunks that just went straight down and my feet were all puffy. Not fun. But I haven't had any swelling this week so that is good. I have my Dr.'s appt. on Friday but I don't think they actually check me til my 39 week appointment.

We have done a lot the past week or so to get ready for this baby. Brad's mom came down last week and helped us so much. She washed all of Rylee's 0-3 month clothes, washed all of the bottles and pump accessories, cleaned off all of the baby stuff (swing, bouncy, play yard, carseat, etc) that was full of dust from being in our basement, and helped clean the house. Before that we really hadn't done anything to get ready for the baby so it was a huge help. Thanks again Vicki! Brad and I have been trying to do a lot too. He has been doing some finishing touches in the basement (it looks great, I'll have to take pictures and post them soon), he cleaned and organized his garage, and did some landscaping outside. I have all of the baby clothes hung and organized, cleaned out a few closets (sent 4 big bags of stuff to Goodwill) and went through all of Rylee's toys (packed some away for the baby, got rid of some, and organized some down in her new playroom). So as you can see we have been "nesting". I haven't packed my hospital bag yet or got the carseat in the car but I suppose we should do that soon too.

I took down the other poll and added a new one. It was a close call but it looks like 1-2 weeks early won with 17 votes, <1 week early was close behind with 14 votes, and 5 people who voted 2-3 weeks early are out. Nobody voted for my due date or overdue...you people better not have jinxed me to have this baby late ;) Now I want to know how big you think this baby girl is. Remember Rylee was 7 lbs. 11 ozs and born at 39 weeks and 3 days (oh and did I mention I am also a lot bigger this time around).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY NESTING! When that "nesting instinct" kicks in, you KNOW you're getting close! We keep you in our thoughts and prayers as you count down to your beautiful new baby girl! Auntie Susie, Uncle Mike, Tara, and Tanner